PDA

View Full Version : eposides of UEFA Champions League

trax
15-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I tried to update this Wed/Thurs episode names for this wed & Thurs games to put the home v away teams but when I update Wed it updates Thurs title.
How do I get the online database to recognise these are different showings of the same series?
ie
Wed 4:30am is :
LIVE UEFA Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg AC MILAN v BARCELONA
Thurs 4:30 am:
LIVE UEFA Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg ARSENAL v VILLARREAL

Thks

petestrash
15-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately we did not receive these shows as individual episodes, so the only to fix it, is to create a couple of new episodes.

There is a new way of doing this. First delete the 2 existing showings and then use the new link on the bottom of the pages called 'Create SDE Flie', you will find it at the bottom of http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl

This takes you to the Create SDE page. Select the SBS station you watch and choose the first day. Then press 'Add Showing', use 'UEFA Champions League' as the Title, enter the episode name, start time and duration.

Then press the 'Create SDE File' Button (not link), then press 'Upload this SDE Data'.

Check the file you created has filled one of the gaps, then repeat with the other show.

Peter.

trax
16-04-2006, 07:11 AM
excellent instructions,
but there seems to be a but when I entered the duration of 2:30 this translated to 15 mins rather than 2hrs:30mins , but I updated the correct duration from the tvguide page to correct this.
Thanks

petestrash
16-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Thats strange, did the duration change for both new showings or only one?

Peter.

petestrash
16-04-2006, 08:45 AM
I have just tried to recreate the fault, but have not been able to...

Don't know why it didn't work for you. What browser and version are you using.

Peter.

trax
16-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Firefox 1.5.0.2

petestrash
17-04-2006, 02:08 AM
I tried with IE6, maybe the java has issues with firefox. I'll look into it.

Peter.

trax
19-04-2006, 08:10 AM
actually I dont think the problem is in the calculation part of the page as I saw 9000 secs (correct for 2:30) some how the post to create the data perhaps
BTW I noticed this in my javascript console not sure if it is related:

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to set property XULElement.selectedIndex' when calling method: [nsIAutoCompletePopup::selectedIndex]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl?page=formfor&type=sdefile :: checktitle :: line 88" data: no]
Source File: http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl?page=formfor&type=sdefile
Line: 88

petestrash
19-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks,

I'll ask Kevin to look into it.

Peter.

trax
22-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Has anything changed I followed your instructions but now I can't upload any SDE data.
I deleted as before the two showings of UEFA Champions League for Wed/Thurs
and then I tried to add them as before.. no luck, I even tried with IE6 still no luck could someone re-load these two shows as I can't.

Wed 26th 4:30am - 7:00am
UEFA Champions League
Semi Final 2nd Leg VILLARREAL v ARSENAL

Thu 27th 4:30am - 7:00am
UEFA Champions League
Semi Final 2nd Leg BARCELONA v AC MILAN

petestrash
22-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Paul,

If you tried doing it the way I suggested earlier, you may have an error for these episodes because they already exist. If you are not creating a new episode, you just amend the showing manually.

1. Delete the showing you want to change
2. Choose the correct series
3. Choose the correct episode.
4. Press update gaps and confirm.

Peter.